Registered Massage Therapy is the scientific manipulation of the soft tissues of the body, consisting primarily of manual (hands-on) techniques such as applying fixed or movable pressure, holding, and moving muscles and body tissues.
• reduce muscle tension and stiffness
• increase joint and limb flexibility and range of motion
• relieving tension and overall stress
• promote deeper and easier breathing
• promote faster healing of soft tissue injuries
• reduce pain and swelling related to injuries
• enhancing health and nourishment of skin
• reduce emotional or physical stress and reduce anxiety
• promote feelings of well-being
Registered Massage Therapy is covered by most extended health care benefits.